The Tomis Archbishop’s Palace in the city of Constanta was built between 1928 and 1932, according to the of Ion D. Enescu.
The foundation stone of the edifice was laid in 1925 in the presence of important personalities of the time: Patriarch Miron Cristea, Minister of Cults Al. Lepadatu, the Prefect of Constanta Nicolae Negulescu and the Mayor of Constanta Virgil Andronescu.
The Tomis Archbishop’s Palace has impressive dimensions and was built in a neo-Byzantine style. The palace building is structured in depth, resulting in parallelism with the church and the Archbishop’s street. The imposing construction of the Tomis Archbishop’s Palace has four levels with two facades and is supported by large pilasters. The windows have several forms, some being semicircular, others rectangular or in the form of a broken arch. At the last level of the building, the windows are grouped by three, while the frames of the ground floor windows are made in traditional Romanian style, which offer a special aspect and theme to the entire building. During the communist period, between 1957 and until 1977, the Archaeology Museum had its Headquarters inside the Palace. Later on, the museum was entrusted to the city council and became the Town Hall. Nowadays, County Library, which runs until 1998. From this year, the Episcopal Palace resumes its original destination, that of the residence of the Archbishop of Tomis.